Spanish Immersion Program
For students who participated in a Dual Language Program at Mountain View Elementary School, the following course path will be taken at Walton:
- 6th Grade
- Immersion will be provided through Language Arts class. This accounts for one block of these students' day.
- 7th Grade
- Immersion will be provided through a Language Arts 7/Spanish class.
- 8th Grade
- Students will take Spanish II for high school credit.
- Students will also have the opportunity to take the STAMP test at the end of the year to determine their proficiency level.
- High School
- A student's Spanish course level will be determined by performance on the STAMP test (Spanish III, AP, etc.).
- Bilingual certification can be acquired by the STAMP test in 8th grade or in high school.
For additional information about the Dual Language Program, click here.