Rising 8th Grade Registration
Hello 7th Grade Walton families!
This page has been designed to support 7th grade students and their families with the 8th course registration process. Information regarding transition will be provided to students and families during January 2022. If you have questions as you navigate through this process, please contact your school counselor Makenzie Crawford (email@example.com), for information.
Click here to view the full ACPS Middle School Program of Studies, complete with course descriptions.
Rising 8th Grade Registration Letter
Click here to view the course registration letter sent to rising 8th grade families.
- Week of January 24: WMS counseling website is updated with transition information.
- January 28: Family message sent and letter sent home explaining the scheduling process, course descriptions, and course numbers.
- February 7 & 8: Counselors go into 6th and 7th grade Health/PE classes to help students make initial course selections.
- February 7 -25: ParentPortal opens for students and families to sign up for courses.
- February 25: ParentPortal closes at 4 PM and is available to parents/guardians to view only. Any course request changes will be completed by the student's counselor.
- February 28 - March 4: Teachers verify course level selections and make uniform notes in PowerSchool.
- March 11: Registration window closes. Contact your school counselor to make any course change requests.
- March 18: Family mesage sent and letter with course requests is mailed home.
8th Grade Classes
- Language Arts- Two levels are available: Language Arts 8 and Language Arts 8 Advanced/Honors Alternate (meets every other day opposite of Spanish I or French I for a high school credit)
- Math- Three levels are available: Math 8, Algebra I (high school credit course- single blocked), and Geometry (high school credit course- single blocked)
- Science 8 (year-long)- Physical Science
- History (year-long)- Civics and Economics
- Health/PE (year-long)
- Electives- Click Here for the list of elective courses available in 8th grade.
Registering in Parent Portal
Students and families can register for classes in Student or Parent Portal during the defined time frame in January and February. Click here for instructions.
|Blue Day||Gold Day|
|Block 1||Language Arts 8 EOD||Spanish I|
High School Credit Class Options at Walton
- Algebra I (7th or 8th grade)
- Geometry (8th grade)
- Spanish I (8th Grade)
- Spanish II (8th Grade)
- French I (8th Grade)