Rising 8th Grade Registration
Hello 7th Grade Walton families!
This page has been designed to support 7th grade students and their families with the 8th course registration process. Information regarding transition will be provided to students and families during January 2023. If you have questions as you navigate through this process, please contact your school counselor Doug Bloor (firstname.lastname@example.org), for information.
Rising 8th Grade Registration Letter
Click here to view the course registration letter sent to rising 8th grade families.
- Early December: WMS counseling website is updated with transition information.
- Early January: Family message sent and letter sent home explaining the scheduling process, course descriptions, and course numbers.
- January 9th - 13th: Counselors go into 6th and 7th grade Health/PE classes to help students make initial course selections.
- January 3rd - February 3rd: ParentPortal opens for students and families to sign up for courses.
- February 3rd: ParentPortal closes at 4 PM and is available to parents/guardians to view only. Any course request changes will be completed by the student's counselor.
- February 6th - 10th: Teachers verify course level selections and make uniform notes in PowerSchool.
- March 11: Registration window closes. Contact your school counselor to make any course change requests.
- March 18: Family message sent and letter with course requests is mailed home.
8th Grade Classes
- Language Arts- Language Arts 8
- Math- Three levels are available: Math 8, Algebra I (high school credit course), and Geometry (high school credit course).
- Science 8- Physical Science
- History- Civics and Economics
- Electives- Click Here for the list of elective courses available in 8th grade.
*With the exception of some electives, all 8th grade courses are offered year-long, every other day starting in fall 2023.
Registering in Parent Portal
Students and families can register for classes in Student or Parent Portal during the defined time frame in January and February. Click here for instructions.
|Blue Day||Gold Day|
|Block 1||Language Arts||Spanish I|
High School Credit Class Options at Walton
- Algebra I (7th or 8th grade)
- Geometry (8th grade)
- Spanish I (8th Grade)
- Spanish II (8th Grade)
- French I (8th Grade)