Rising 7th Grade Registration
Hello 6th Grade Walton families!
This page has been designed to support 6th grade students and their families with the 7th course registration process. Information regarding transition will be provided to students and families during December 2022. If you have questions as you navigate through this process, please contact your school counselor, last names A - L Doug Bloor (email@example.com) and last names M - Z Makenzie Crawford (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Early December: WMS counseling website is updated with transition information.
- Early January: Family message sent and letter sent home explaining the scheduling process, course descriptions, and course numbers.
- January 9th - 13th: Counselors go into 6th and 7th grade Health/PE classes to help students make initial course selections.
- January 3rd - February 3rd: ParentPortal opens for students and families to sign up for courses.
- February 3rd: ParentPortal closes at 4 PM and is available to parents/guardians to view only. Any course request changes will be completed by the student's counselor.
- February 6th - 10th: Teachers verify course level selections and make uniform notes in PowerSchool.
- March 11: Registration window closes. Contact your school counselor to make any course change requests.
- March 18: Family message sent and letter with course requests is mailed home.
7th Grade Classes
- Language Arts- Language Arts 7
- Math- Two levels are available: Math 7 and Algebra I (high school credit course that is single blocked)
- Science 7 (year-long)- Life Science
- History 7 (year-long)- United States History II 1865-Present
- Health/PE (year-long)
- Electives- Click here for the list of elective courses available in 7th grade.
Registering in Parent Portal
Students and families can register for classes in Student or Parent Portal during the defined time frame in January and February. Click here for instructions.
|Blue Day||Gold Day|
|Block 1||Language Arts||Language Arts|