Rising 7th Grade Registration
Hello 6th Grade Walton families!
This page has been designed to support 6th grade students and their families with the 7th course registration process. Information regarding transition will be provided to students and families during January 2021. If you have questions as you navigate through this process, please contact your school counselor, Makenzie Crawford (firstname.lastname@example.org), for information.
Click here to view the full ACPS Middle School Program of Studies, complete with course descriptions.
- January 11, 2021: ConnectEd and letter sent home explaining scheduling process and course descriptions for exploratories, Language Arts, and Math. Instructions are provided for completing course requests, including how to use course numbers to tell the difference between levels.
- January 18 - February 12, 2021: Parent Portal opens for students and families to sign up for courses.
- February 1-4, 2021: Counselors visit 6th grade language arts classes to help students select classes.
- February 12, 2021: Parent Portal is open for parents/guardians to view only. Starting on this date, any course request changes will be completed by the student's counselor.
- February 15 - 19, 2021: Teachers will verify course level selections and make notes in PowerSchool to align requests.
- February 22 - March 5, 2021: Students and families may work with teachers and counselors to understand any discrepancies in course selections and teacher comments.
- March 8, 2021: ConnectEd sent and letter with course requests mailed home.
7th Grade Classes
- Language Arts- Two levels are available: Language Arts 7 and Language Arts 7 Advanced/Honors
- Math- Three levels are available: Math 7, Math 7 Advanced/Honors, Algebra I (high school credit course)
- Science 7 (semester-long)- Life Science
- History 7 (semester-long)- United States History II 1865-Present
- Health/PE (year-long)
- Electives- Click here for the list of elective courses available in 7th grade.
|Blue Day||Gold Day|
|Block 1||Language Arts||Language Arts|